- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dies in Italy
- British Supreme Court ruling threatens Western sanctions against Iran
- Britain to start sale of Lloyds soon, review RBS split |
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops after Bernanke hints at slowing stimulus
- Italian designers Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
Eurogroup's Juncker to propose common euro bond - report
BERLIN (Reuters) - Eurogroup chairman Jean-Claude Juncker said in an interview published on Saturday that he would put forward a new proposal for a common euro bond as a way to strengthen solidarity in the euro zone. "It's an intelligent way to keep economically weaker euro countries attractive for investors in the future," Juncker was quoted telling the German Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and other senior German government officials have spoken out against a common euro bond that was proposed by European Union President Herman von Rompuy earlier this year. Juncker chairs the group of euro zone finance ministers.
(Reporting by Georg Merzinger; writing by Erik Kirschbaum; editing by Susan Fenton)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this