North Korea artillery fire hits South island
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea on Tuesday fired dozens of artillery shells at a South Korean island, setting buildings on fire and prompting a return fire by the South, Seoul's military and media reports said.
Seoul's YTN television quoted a witness as saying 60 to 70 houses were on fire after the shelling.
The military confirmed the exchange of firing, without providing more details.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Schalke's Di Matteo to use home record to stop Chelsea
- Boeing says frustrated by Canada move to extend life of fighter jets
- Aviva, Friends Life 5.6 billion pound merger plan makes sense - investors