North Korea artillery fire hits South island
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea on Tuesday fired dozens of artillery shells at a South Korean island, setting buildings on fire and prompting a return fire by the South, Seoul's military and media reports said.
Seoul's YTN television quoted a witness as saying 60 to 70 houses were on fire after the shelling.
The military confirmed the exchange of firing, without providing more details.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, Salmond resigns |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- China hands drugmaker GSK record $489 million fine for paying bribes
- Austrian leader says Putin sees progress in Ukraine crisis