North Korea artillery fire hits South island
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea on Tuesday fired dozens of artillery shells at a South Korean island, setting buildings on fire and prompting a return fire by the South, Seoul's military and media reports said.
Seoul's YTN television quoted a witness as saying 60 to 70 houses were on fire after the shelling.
The military confirmed the exchange of firing, without providing more details.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets
- Palestinian fighters raid Israel on Gaza 'truce' day |
- Russia, Germany up diplomatic battle over Ukraine sanctions
- Ukraine claims more territory as fight intensifies with rebels
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine