North Korea artillery fire hits South island
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea on Tuesday fired dozens of artillery shells at a South Korean island, setting buildings on fire and prompting a return fire by the South, Seoul's military and media reports said.
Seoul's YTN television quoted a witness as saying 60 to 70 houses were on fire after the shelling.
The military confirmed the exchange of firing, without providing more details.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence