North Korea artillery fire hits South island
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea on Tuesday fired dozens of artillery shells at a South Korean island, setting buildings on fire and prompting a return fire by the South, Seoul's military and media reports said.
Seoul's YTN television quoted a witness as saying 60 to 70 houses were on fire after the shelling.
The military confirmed the exchange of firing, without providing more details.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Quindell's adjusted pretax profit nearly triples