North Korea artillery fire hits South island
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea on Tuesday fired dozens of artillery shells at a South Korean island, setting buildings on fire and prompting a return fire by the South, Seoul's military and media reports said.
Seoul's YTN television quoted a witness as saying 60 to 70 houses were on fire after the shelling.
The military confirmed the exchange of firing, without providing more details.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks- source |