North Korea artillery fire hits South island
SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea on Tuesday fired dozens of artillery shells at a South Korean island, setting buildings on fire and prompting a return fire by the South, Seoul's military and media reports said.
Seoul's YTN television quoted a witness as saying 60 to 70 houses were on fire after the shelling.
The military confirmed the exchange of firing, without providing more details.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Britain does U-turn on ex-KGB agent Litvinenko murder inquiry
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Shooting champion withdrawn after jacket goes missing