Mexican drug lord Moreno gunned down
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Suspected drug lord Nazario Moreno was gunned down late on Thursday by security forces amid an ongoing crackdown in western Mexico, Mexican national security spokesman Alejandro Poire said on Friday.
Moreno, known as "The Craziest One," was one of the leaders of the cult-like La Familia (The Family) drug cartel dominant in President Felipe Calderon's home state of Michoacan.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal Thursday - officials
- St James's Place outperforms as FTSE stages late rally
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Barclays sets aside 500 million pounds for FX fines as profits rise |
- Shell outpaces peers with profit growth, keeps spending