LONDON (Reuters) - Police released footage on Tuesday of protesters attacking the car of Prince Charles and other vehicles in his convoy as it travelled through central London during riots last month.
The limousine carrying Charles and his wife Camilla was surrounded during the worst disorder in the capital for years as anger over plans to raise the tuition fees paid by students boiled over.
One of the car windows was cracked, white paint was thrown over the vehicle and ministers said Camilla had come into "contact" with protesters.
The couple were unhurt but a picture of Camilla and Charles open-mouthed in horror became one of the defining images of the trouble which engulfed much of central London from the area around parliament to the shopping district of Oxford Street where the royal convoy was confronted.
Detectives investigating the violence issued images and footage taken by close circuit television cameras showing suspects striking the royal limousine and throwing garbage cans at the convoy.
One woman who is wanted for questioning is pictured hitting the prince's car and then breaking the window of another car.
"Police officers were attacked, and buildings and shops had their windows smashed, amongst other acts of vandalism, including an attack on the royal convoy," said Detective Chief Superintendent Matthew Horne.
"We believe that most of the people whose pictures we have released today may have committed serious offences of violent disorder and criminal damage in this area and urge them, or anybody who knows them, to come forward and speak to us."
Police carried out an urgent review into royal security following the incident amid criticism that the prince had been put at risk and said some immediate changes had been made.
Detectives have already arrested dozens of people, mostly students aged under 25, in connection with a number of protests which turned violent at the end of last year.
(Editing by Steve Addison)