World Team Cup back in 2011 schedule with new sponsor
BERLIN (Reuters) - The World Team Cup has returned to the tennis calendar after organisers found a new sponsor just weeks after officially announcing the tournament's demise due to a lack of money, they said on Tuesday.
"The (sponsor's) involvement give us organisers the chance to stage this year another top class tournament at the Duesseldorf Rochus club," Dietloff von Arnim told reporters after unveiling the deal with energy drink maker Power Horse.
The tournament, first held in 1978, will take place between May 15-21.
The claycourt event, which pits national teams against each other over one week, had not attracted the top players in recent years but was seen as a useful warm-up for the French Open.
Argentina beat the United States 2-1 last year.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance
- Pope's Albania visit prompts long-awaited facelift for Tirana square
- Salmond says Scots 'tricked' out of independence
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown |