India min:will insist RIM gives corporate email access
NEW DELHI Jan 31 (Reuters) - India will still insist that BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion RIM.TO give it a solution to access corporate email services, Home Minister P. Chidambaram said on Monday.
RIM said this month it had given India the means to access its Messenger service ahead of a Jan. 31 target date but reiterated that no changes could be made to allow monitoring of secure corporate emails.
"... as I said, like they gave us a solution to Messenger service, we will insist they will give us a solution for enterprise service too," Chidambaram told reporters.
India has demanded access to all BlackBerry services as part of efforts to fight militancy and security threats over the Internet and through telephone communications. [ID:nSGE70Q04Z]
(Reporting by C.K. Nayak; editing by Malini Menon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses in Korean ferry reveal desperate attempts to escape |
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Ukraine government says resumes offensive, hopes for more U.S. help |
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China