STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-LSE jumps on TMX purchase plan
Shares in London Stock Exchange (LSE.L) jump 9 percent and reach their highest since October 2008 on news that it is set to buy TMX Group (X.TO) the owmer of the Toronto Stock Exchange, with analysts saying it looks to be a good strategic move.
"This deal comes against the backdrop of consolidation in world exchanges and represents the first strategic move by (LSE chief executive) Xavier Rolet and creates a company with a combined market capitialisation of 3.7 billion pounds ($5.95 billion)," Shore Capital says in a note.
"The key benefit is the creation of a global exchange with a strong presence in natural resources and emerging markets and as such we feel it is a positive development for the LSE."
TMX shares in Frankfurt XQ.F trade 2.8 percent higher.
For more on this story, please click on [ID:nLDE71808S]
Reuters Messaging rm://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results