Mubarak says to delegate powers to VP Suleiman
CAIRO (Reuters) - President Hosni Mubarak said on Thursday he is to transfer powers to Vice President Omar Suleiman, according to the constitution.
He said he would transfer power to prove that the demands of protesters will be met by dialogue.
(editing by Alison Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours
- MPs criticise UK arms sales to Russia as Cameron pledges no new exports
- Analysis - Argentine default in balance as government refuses to capitulate