Italy to install 5,000 MW solar capacity in 2011: GIFI
MILAN (Reuters) - Italy, one of the most rapidly growing solar markets in the world, is expected to install 5,000 megawatts of photovoltaic capacity in 2011, industry body GIFI said on Thursday.
Italy's total installed photovoltaic capacity, which turns sunlight into power, is seen rising to 15,000 MW by 2015 from about 3,000 MW at the end of 2010, GIFI said in a statement.
(Reporting by Svetlana Kovalyova; Editing by Alison Birrane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again