Italy to install 5,000 MW solar capacity in 2011: GIFI
MILAN (Reuters) - Italy, one of the most rapidly growing solar markets in the world, is expected to install 5,000 megawatts of photovoltaic capacity in 2011, industry body GIFI said on Thursday.
Italy's total installed photovoltaic capacity, which turns sunlight into power, is seen rising to 15,000 MW by 2015 from about 3,000 MW at the end of 2010, GIFI said in a statement.
(Reporting by Svetlana Kovalyova; Editing by Alison Birrane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds hit Britain and close in on Europe
- China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Osborne says vindicated by growth rebound, vows to stay on course |
- Special Report - Thailand secretly dumps Myanmar refugees into trafficking rings
- UK major threw laptop with sensitive Iraq photos from ferry