Italy to install 5,000 MW solar capacity in 2011: GIFI
MILAN (Reuters) - Italy, one of the most rapidly growing solar markets in the world, is expected to install 5,000 megawatts of photovoltaic capacity in 2011, industry body GIFI said on Thursday.
Italy's total installed photovoltaic capacity, which turns sunlight into power, is seen rising to 15,000 MW by 2015 from about 3,000 MW at the end of 2010, GIFI said in a statement.
(Reporting by Svetlana Kovalyova; Editing by Alison Birrane)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Iceland lowers volcano alert, says small eruption no threat to aviation
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Tesco slashes dividend after second profit warning in two months |