Bursa Malaysia appoints new CEO
KUALA LUMPUR Feb 25 (Reuters) - Bursa Malaysia has appointed Tajuddin Atan, the current managing director of RHB Capital , as its new chief executive officer effective April 1.
He takes over from Yusli Mohamed, who has held the top position since 2004.
Bursa's chairman Mohamed Dzaiddin said in a statement on Friday that Tajuddin's goal is to turn Bursa into an exchange with greater regional influence.
"The mandate for the new CEO is to develop Bursa Malaysia into an attractive and competitive exchange in the region, and to make the capital market more vibrant," he said.
Yusli's term as the CEO of Bursa Malaysia will end of March 31. (Reporting by Min Hun Fong)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- NATO, Swedish fighters scrambled to intercept Russian plane