Bursa Malaysia appoints new CEO
KUALA LUMPUR Feb 25 (Reuters) - Bursa Malaysia has appointed Tajuddin Atan, the current managing director of RHB Capital , as its new chief executive officer effective April 1.
He takes over from Yusli Mohamed, who has held the top position since 2004.
Bursa's chairman Mohamed Dzaiddin said in a statement on Friday that Tajuddin's goal is to turn Bursa into an exchange with greater regional influence.
"The mandate for the new CEO is to develop Bursa Malaysia into an attractive and competitive exchange in the region, and to make the capital market more vibrant," he said.
Yusli's term as the CEO of Bursa Malaysia will end of March 31. (Reporting by Min Hun Fong)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Australia Union wanted to rip up Beale contract - chairman
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |