No army, police in Libya battleground town:witness
RAS JDIR, Tunisia
RAS JDIR, Tunisia Feb 25 (Reuters) - Libyan security forces have not been able to enter Zawiyah, a town about 50 km (30 miles) west of the capital which was the scene of heavy fighting with government opponents, a witness said on Friday.
"There are army and police checkpoints around Zawiyah but there is no presence inside. I just saw a few unarmed civilians," said Saeed Mustafa, who drove through the town on Friday on his way to the Tunisian border. (Reporting by Michael Georgy; Writing by Christian Lowe; Editing by Angus MacSwan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- Traveller from Liberia is first Ebola patient diagnosed in U.S.
- Lufthansa pilots' 15-hour strike affects 9,000 travellers
- UPDATE 4-Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'