Police escort Dior's Galliano home after outburst
PARIS (Reuters Life!) - French police escorted fashion designer John Galliano back to his home late on Thursday after a late-night drinking session that ended with the Dior star hurling insults at a couple, a police source said.
Galliano was drinking at a trendy bar in the Marais district of Paris before the altercation. Paris police brought the British designer back to the station house for a sobriety test and found him to be just over the legal limit.
Police then accompanied Galliano back to his home without filing any charges against him. One policeman said the outburst was prompted by stress ahead of fashion week, which starts next Monday and at which Dior's show is always in the spotlight.
Galliano's press office had no comment and there was no immediate comment from Dior.
(Reporting by Nicolas Boutin, writing by Nick Vinocur, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- TIMELINE-Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia