- Veteran bands Motorhead, Black Sabbath top Metal Hammer Golden Gods
- Analysis - French EU-wariness complicates life for Hollande
- BoE, still divided, flags market impact of Fed uncertainty
- Vodafone may trump Liberty with $10 billion cash bid for Kabel - sources
- Nadal seeded a dangerous fifth for Wimbledon
Police escort Dior's Galliano home after outburst
PARIS (Reuters Life!) - French police escorted fashion designer John Galliano back to his home late on Thursday after a late-night drinking session that ended with the Dior star hurling insults at a couple, a police source said.
Galliano was drinking at a trendy bar in the Marais district of Paris before the altercation. Paris police brought the British designer back to the station house for a sobriety test and found him to be just over the legal limit.
Police then accompanied Galliano back to his home without filing any charges against him. One policeman said the outburst was prompted by stress ahead of fashion week, which starts next Monday and at which Dior's show is always in the spotlight.
Galliano's press office had no comment and there was no immediate comment from Dior.
(Reporting by Nicolas Boutin, writing by Nick Vinocur, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this