UK actor Nicholas Hoult starring in zombie romance
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Young British actor Nicholas Hoult continues his Hollywood ascent.
Hoult, one of the stars of "X-Men First Class" and who is prepping to shoot "Jack the Giant Killer," has been cast in a film described as "Twilight" meets "Shaun of the Dead."
"Warm Bodies" follows an existentially-tormented zombie named R who begins an unlikely friendship with the human girlfriend of one of his victims. The blossoming relationship starts a chain reaction that will transform him, his fellow zombies and maybe the whole lifeless world.
The project is based on an upcoming Simon & Schuster book by Isaac Marion. The film will be directed for "Twilight" studio Summit Entertainment by Jonathan Levin. Production is slated to begin this summer.
Hoult appeared as a youngster alongside Hugh Grant in "About a Boy" and more recently as Colin Firth's lover in "A Single Man."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |