China Mobile says Apple interested in TD-LTE
BEIJING, March 4
BEIJING, March 4 (Reuters) - China Mobile Ltd (0941.HK), the world's largest mobile carrier by subscribers, said on Friday that Apple Inc (AAPL.O) Chief Executive Steve Jobs has expressed interest in developing an iPhone based on the Chinese carrier's network standard.
China Mobile is developing its next-generation TD-LTE mobile network technology and there have been talks over a possible iPhone tie-up with the carrier. [ID:nTOE70P05T]
Wang Jianzhou, China Mobile's chairman, told reporters on the sidelines of the Chinese Communist Party's consultative meeting that its top priority this year was to list in Shanghai.
It had no plans to issue yuan bonds in Hong Kong, a growing offshore market for the Chinese currency, he said. (Reporting by Kelvin Soh and Huang Yuntao; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- TLC cancels reality TV programme 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results