China Mobile says Apple interested in TD-LTE
BEIJING, March 4
BEIJING, March 4 (Reuters) - China Mobile Ltd (0941.HK), the world's largest mobile carrier by subscribers, said on Friday that Apple Inc (AAPL.O) Chief Executive Steve Jobs has expressed interest in developing an iPhone based on the Chinese carrier's network standard.
China Mobile is developing its next-generation TD-LTE mobile network technology and there have been talks over a possible iPhone tie-up with the carrier. [ID:nTOE70P05T]
Wang Jianzhou, China Mobile's chairman, told reporters on the sidelines of the Chinese Communist Party's consultative meeting that its top priority this year was to list in Shanghai.
It had no plans to issue yuan bonds in Hong Kong, a growing offshore market for the Chinese currency, he said. (Reporting by Kelvin Soh and Huang Yuntao; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks