RIM's PlayBook tablet gets 7digital music store
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Blackberry-maker Research In Motion will release its long-awaited PlayBook tablet computer with Britain's 7digital music store, the companies said on Wednesday.
The music store of 7digital, half-owned by HMV, which has some 13 million tracks, will be pre-installed on the tablet at its launch in the United States and Canada, with further international roll out in 2011.
The PlayBook, set for launch in March, was first announced in September last year, and will now join a booming market dominated by Apple's iPad and compete for attention with tablets from the likes of Samsung, Motorola Mobility and Hewlett-Packard.
(Reporting by Tarmo Virki; Editing by Hans Peters)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Blind joins while Manchester United wait on Falcao
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Deutsche Bank Championship scores