Tokai No.2 nuke plant cooling process working - operator
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan Atomic Power said Monday that the cooling process was working at its Tokai No.2 nuclear power plant's reactor although two of the three diesel power generators used for cooling were out of order.
The reactor at the plant, about 120 km (75 miles) north of Tokyo in Ibaraki prefecture, was automatically shut after Friday's massive earthquake and tsunami.
(Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Mexico hospitalizes six suspected of stealing radioactive material
- Aide to North Korean leader's ousted uncle seeks asylum in South - media
- China Rongsheng ghost town reflects shipbuilder's struggle to survive
- U.N., U.S. call for investigations into Thai trafficking of Rohingya