Auction set for William and Kate sweet dispensers
VIENNA (Reuters) - If you've ever wanted to eat sweets disgorged from the chests of royalty, your time has come.
PEZ, the Austrian company whose candy dispensers are known around the world, has created a special pair in the likeness of Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton ahead of next month's royal wedding.
Fans of the royal couple or of Pez figurines can submit offers on the eBay for Charity auction platform from April 7 to 17. Proceeds will go to a charity supported by the couple, the company said on Tuesday.
PEZ makes around 80 million dispensers and 4.6 billion sweets a year, but unlike other popular models the William and Kate figurines will not dispense sweets through their mouths.
"The whole head bends back," the spokeswoman said.
The smiling figure of Kate wears blue while William dresses in black with a red tie.
"The figure of Prince William has a lot more hair than in real life," the spokeswoman said.
(Reporting by Michael Shields, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Nationalists push for Irish unity vote after 'inspiring' Scottish referendum
- More Ukrainian soldiers killed, Poroshenko defends peace plan
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- Exclusive - Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear programme