Auction set for William and Kate sweet dispensers
VIENNA (Reuters) - If you've ever wanted to eat sweets disgorged from the chests of royalty, your time has come.
PEZ, the Austrian company whose candy dispensers are known around the world, has created a special pair in the likeness of Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton ahead of next month's royal wedding.
Fans of the royal couple or of Pez figurines can submit offers on the eBay for Charity auction platform from April 7 to 17. Proceeds will go to a charity supported by the couple, the company said on Tuesday.
PEZ makes around 80 million dispensers and 4.6 billion sweets a year, but unlike other popular models the William and Kate figurines will not dispense sweets through their mouths.
"The whole head bends back," the spokeswoman said.
The smiling figure of Kate wears blue while William dresses in black with a red tie.
"The figure of Prince William has a lot more hair than in real life," the spokeswoman said.
(Reporting by Michael Shields, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool