Auction set for William and Kate sweet dispensers
VIENNA (Reuters) - If you've ever wanted to eat sweets disgorged from the chests of royalty, your time has come.
PEZ, the Austrian company whose candy dispensers are known around the world, has created a special pair in the likeness of Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton ahead of next month's royal wedding.
Fans of the royal couple or of Pez figurines can submit offers on the eBay for Charity auction platform from April 7 to 17. Proceeds will go to a charity supported by the couple, the company said on Tuesday.
PEZ makes around 80 million dispensers and 4.6 billion sweets a year, but unlike other popular models the William and Kate figurines will not dispense sweets through their mouths.
"The whole head bends back," the spokeswoman said.
The smiling figure of Kate wears blue while William dresses in black with a red tie.
"The figure of Prince William has a lot more hair than in real life," the spokeswoman said.
(Reporting by Michael Shields, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients