Japan's TEPCO says radioactive water leaking into the sea at nuclear plant
April 2 (Reuters) - The operator of Japan's stricken nuclear plant said on Saturday it had found radioactive water leaking into the sea from a cracked concrete pit at its No.2 reactor in Fukushima.
Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) said the radiation in the pit measured 1,000 millisieverts per hour.
Japan's nuclear watchdog said TEPCO is preparing to pour concrete into the pit to stop the leak.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |