Japan's TEPCO says radioactive water leaking into the sea at nuclear plant
April 2 (Reuters) - The operator of Japan's stricken nuclear plant said on Saturday it had found radioactive water leaking into the sea from a cracked concrete pit at its No.2 reactor in Fukushima.
Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) said the radiation in the pit measured 1,000 millisieverts per hour.
Japan's nuclear watchdog said TEPCO is preparing to pour concrete into the pit to stop the leak.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Pope Good Friday service underscores plight of the suffering