- British Supreme Court ruling threatens Western sanctions against Iran
- Britain to start sale of Lloyds soon, review RBS split |
- Sao Paulo, Rio revoke transport fare hikes as protests continue |
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops after Bernanke hints at slowing stimulus
- Kosovo's first envoy to Serbia quits after two days
Japan's TEPCO says radioactive water leaking into the sea at nuclear plant
April 2 |
April 2 (Reuters) - The operator of Japan's stricken nuclear plant said on Saturday it had found radioactive water leaking into the sea from a cracked concrete pit at its No.2 reactor in Fukushima.
Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) said the radiation in the pit measured 1,000 millisieverts per hour.
Japan's nuclear watchdog said TEPCO is preparing to pour concrete into the pit to stop the leak.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this