Ivory Coast army chief Mangou calls for ceasefire
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - General Philippe Mangou, the military chief of Ivory Coast's incumbent leader Laurent Gbagbo, has called for a cease-fire from Tuesday following several days of heavy fighting in the main city Abidjan.
"We have called for a cease-fire from today," Mangou told Reuters by phone in Abidjan.
(Reporting by Ange Aboa, Writing by Bate Felix)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Russian forces strengthening positions in Ukraine - Kiev military
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down