Ivory Coast army chief Mangou calls for ceasefire
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - General Philippe Mangou, the military chief of Ivory Coast's incumbent leader Laurent Gbagbo, has called for a cease-fire from Tuesday following several days of heavy fighting in the main city Abidjan.
"We have called for a cease-fire from today," Mangou told Reuters by phone in Abidjan.
(Reporting by Ange Aboa, Writing by Bate Felix)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Analysis - Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |