Ivory Coast army chief Mangou calls for ceasefire
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - General Philippe Mangou, the military chief of Ivory Coast's incumbent leader Laurent Gbagbo, has called for a cease-fire from Tuesday following several days of heavy fighting in the main city Abidjan.
"We have called for a cease-fire from today," Mangou told Reuters by phone in Abidjan.
(Reporting by Ange Aboa, Writing by Bate Felix)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- ECB targets bundled-debt market to boost economy
- Myanmar worker admits to British murders in Thailand - police
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down