Ivory Coast army chief Mangou calls for ceasefire
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - General Philippe Mangou, the military chief of Ivory Coast's incumbent leader Laurent Gbagbo, has called for a cease-fire from Tuesday following several days of heavy fighting in the main city Abidjan.
"We have called for a cease-fire from today," Mangou told Reuters by phone in Abidjan.
(Reporting by Ange Aboa, Writing by Bate Felix)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- TLC cancels reality TV programme 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State