Ivory Coast army chief Mangou calls for ceasefire
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - General Philippe Mangou, the military chief of Ivory Coast's incumbent leader Laurent Gbagbo, has called for a cease-fire from Tuesday following several days of heavy fighting in the main city Abidjan.
"We have called for a cease-fire from today," Mangou told Reuters by phone in Abidjan.
(Reporting by Ange Aboa, Writing by Bate Felix)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Australia Union wanted to rip up Beale contract - chairman
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |