Syrian civilian death toll in Jabla rises to 9
AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian security forces and gunmen loyal to President Bashar al-Assad shot dead at least nine civilians in Jabla on Sunday in a sweep on the coastal town, the Syrian human rights organisation Sawasiah said.
The independent organisation, and another human rights activist in contact with the Jabla, said security forces have raided the house of doctor Zakraiya al-Akkad, a physician in Jabla, after he spoke with al-Jazeera television about the killings in his hometown.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- UPDATE 10-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia