Syrian civilian death toll in Jabla rises to 9
AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian security forces and gunmen loyal to President Bashar al-Assad shot dead at least nine civilians in Jabla on Sunday in a sweep on the coastal town, the Syrian human rights organisation Sawasiah said.
The independent organisation, and another human rights activist in contact with the Jabla, said security forces have raided the house of doctor Zakraiya al-Akkad, a physician in Jabla, after he spoke with al-Jazeera television about the killings in his hometown.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Britain's RBS places restrictions on lending in Russia
- Experts recover human remains at Ukraine crash site despite new fighting
- Campaign for an independent Scotland stalls before historic vote
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in September if concerns addressed