Syrian civilian death toll in Jabla rises to 9
AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian security forces and gunmen loyal to President Bashar al-Assad shot dead at least nine civilians in Jabla on Sunday in a sweep on the coastal town, the Syrian human rights organisation Sawasiah said.
The independent organisation, and another human rights activist in contact with the Jabla, said security forces have raided the house of doctor Zakraiya al-Akkad, a physician in Jabla, after he spoke with al-Jazeera television about the killings in his hometown.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |