Syrian civilian death toll in Jabla rises to 9
AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian security forces and gunmen loyal to President Bashar al-Assad shot dead at least nine civilians in Jabla on Sunday in a sweep on the coastal town, the Syrian human rights organisation Sawasiah said.
The independent organisation, and another human rights activist in contact with the Jabla, said security forces have raided the house of doctor Zakraiya al-Akkad, a physician in Jabla, after he spoke with al-Jazeera television about the killings in his hometown.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- More than 300 people missing after South Korean ferry sinks - coastguard
- Rivals show force in eastern Ukraine before talks |
- Tesco to step up price cuts as CEO defies pressure to quit |
- Samsung executive says Galaxy S5 to outsell S4, sees second quarter rollout for Tizen phone