Syrian civilian death toll in Jabla rises to 9
AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian security forces and gunmen loyal to President Bashar al-Assad shot dead at least nine civilians in Jabla on Sunday in a sweep on the coastal town, the Syrian human rights organisation Sawasiah said.
The independent organisation, and another human rights activist in contact with the Jabla, said security forces have raided the house of doctor Zakraiya al-Akkad, a physician in Jabla, after he spoke with al-Jazeera television about the killings in his hometown.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Merkel asks Putin to explain reports of Russian troops in Ukraine
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- U.S. says Russian-directed counteroffensive in Ukraine cities likely underway
- Ukraine seizes another Russian soldier in east of country - Interfax