US task force to check if gas prices drop as oil falls
WASHINGTON May 6 (Reuters) - U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder on Friday directed a special task force to look into whether gasoline prices are falling in the wake of the drop in oil prices and if not, whether it was because of fraud or market manipulation.
"If wholesale prices continue to decrease, fraud or manipulation must not be allowed to prevent price decreases from being passed on to consumers at the pump," Holder said in a memorandum to a special task force working group set up to probe possible fraud and manipulation in the energy markets.
(Reporting by Jeremy Pelofsky, editing by Will Dunham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Support for Scottish independence at 46 percent - YouGov poll
- Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research