Chevron says Pascagoula crude unit fire out
HOUSTON May 9 (Reuters) - Chevron Corp (CVX.N) said a fire on a crude distillation unit at its 330,000 barrel-per-day (bpd) was quickly extinguished Monday morning with no injuries.
Traders in Gulf Coast markets said the shutdown of the crude unit at the Pascagoula refinery contributed an increase of more than 6 cents in the per-gallon price for conventional gasoline on Monday.
Chevron spokeswoman Katherine Swetman declined to discuss the status of units at the refinery or if the plant was operating normally. (Reporting by Erwin Seba and Kristen Hays)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route