Lady Gaga drives fans wild in surprise Cannes showing
CANNES, France (Reuters) - Pop star Lady Gaga showed up unexpectedly at the Cannes film festival on Wednesday, drawing screams of delight from her fans ahead of a concert on the beach.
Gaga, 25, appeared wearing a black leather vest emblazoned with the words "Born This Way" while her team of dancers rehearsed for the show, due to go ahead on Cannes' waterfront drag after the festival's official launch.
The star-studded festival, which runs May 11-22, opens with an out-of-competition showing of Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris," a romantic comedy starring Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams.
Rumours of a possible Gaga showing have circulated for days, but it was unclear whether she would appear until fans spotted her at the rehearsal, sporting a black-and-white hairdo and with her midriff bare.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |
- Shares jump, yen slumps as Bank of Japan cranks up stimulus |
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal