Latvian PM cancels U.K. visit due to ash cloud
RIGA (Reuters) - Latvian Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis has been forced to cancel a working visit to Britain and Ireland due to a disruption of flights from a volcanic eruption in Iceland.
The Latvian government said in a statement the trip, scheduled for May 25-26, had been cancelled due to concerns the ash cloud spewing from the Grimsvotn volcano, which erupted on Saturday, could affect flights in the area.
(Reporting by Aija Braslina)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results