Latvian PM cancels U.K. visit due to ash cloud
RIGA (Reuters) - Latvian Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis has been forced to cancel a working visit to Britain and Ireland due to a disruption of flights from a volcanic eruption in Iceland.
The Latvian government said in a statement the trip, scheduled for May 25-26, had been cancelled due to concerns the ash cloud spewing from the Grimsvotn volcano, which erupted on Saturday, could affect flights in the area.
(Reporting by Aija Braslina)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles