Latvian PM cancels U.K. visit due to ash cloud
RIGA (Reuters) - Latvian Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis has been forced to cancel a working visit to Britain and Ireland due to a disruption of flights from a volcanic eruption in Iceland.
The Latvian government said in a statement the trip, scheduled for May 25-26, had been cancelled due to concerns the ash cloud spewing from the Grimsvotn volcano, which erupted on Saturday, could affect flights in the area.
(Reporting by Aija Braslina)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Business leaders say case for Scotland's independence has not been made
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media
- "Men in green" raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers