Latvian PM cancels U.K. visit due to ash cloud
RIGA (Reuters) - Latvian Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis has been forced to cancel a working visit to Britain and Ireland due to a disruption of flights from a volcanic eruption in Iceland.
The Latvian government said in a statement the trip, scheduled for May 25-26, had been cancelled due to concerns the ash cloud spewing from the Grimsvotn volcano, which erupted on Saturday, could affect flights in the area.
(Reporting by Aija Braslina)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Analysis - Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine