Latvian PM cancels U.K. visit due to ash cloud
RIGA (Reuters) - Latvian Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis has been forced to cancel a working visit to Britain and Ireland due to a disruption of flights from a volcanic eruption in Iceland.
The Latvian government said in a statement the trip, scheduled for May 25-26, had been cancelled due to concerns the ash cloud spewing from the Grimsvotn volcano, which erupted on Saturday, could affect flights in the area.
(Reporting by Aija Braslina)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- ECB to begin buying secured debt, bundled loans from mid-month
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Tesco's 250-million-pound black hole: Who was minding the shop?