Russia to divert 20 bcm of gas from Ukraine to Nord Stream
MOSCOW May 25 (Reuters) - Russia will redirect around 20 billion cubic metres of gas transported through Ukraine to the new Nord Stream pipeline, the head of Russia's gas monopoly Gazprom (GAZP.MM) said on Wednesday, Interfax reported.
The Nord Stream pipeline that will carry Russian gas under the Baltic Sea to Germany is slated for launch later this year.
(Writing by Jessica Bachman; editing by Alfred Kueppers)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- UK says scrambles jets to see off Russian planes near Scotland