Querrey ruled out of Wimbledon with arm injury
LONDON (Reuters) - American Sam Querrey has withdrawn from Wimbledon with an arm injury, tournament organisers said on Wednesday.
The big-serving Californian complained of arm pain at Queen's Club last week where he was surprisingly beaten by British wildcard James Ward.
Querrey, ranked 40 in the world, won the Queen's tournament last year and went on to reach the fourth round at Wimbledon where he lost to Britain's Andy Murray.
The American number three's place in the draw will go to a lucky loser from the qualifying tournament.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine