Querrey ruled out of Wimbledon with arm injury
LONDON (Reuters) - American Sam Querrey has withdrawn from Wimbledon with an arm injury, tournament organisers said on Wednesday.
The big-serving Californian complained of arm pain at Queen's Club last week where he was surprisingly beaten by British wildcard James Ward.
Querrey, ranked 40 in the world, won the Queen's tournament last year and went on to reach the fourth round at Wimbledon where he lost to Britain's Andy Murray.
The American number three's place in the draw will go to a lucky loser from the qualifying tournament.
(Reporting by Martyn Herman; Editing by Ken Ferris)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Thai crisis deepens as PM's supporters weigh in
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC
- U.S., Britain suspend aid to north Syria after Islamists seize weapons store |
- Fake 'signer' at Mandela memorial outrages deaf
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study