Querrey ruled out of Wimbledon with arm injury
LONDON (Reuters) - American Sam Querrey has withdrawn from Wimbledon with an arm injury, tournament organisers said on Wednesday.
The big-serving Californian complained of arm pain at Queen's Club last week where he was surprisingly beaten by British wildcard James Ward.
Querrey, ranked 40 in the world, won the Queen's tournament last year and went on to reach the fourth round at Wimbledon where he lost to Britain's Andy Murray.
The American number three's place in the draw will go to a lucky loser from the qualifying tournament.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain |
- Special Report - Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade