Erection-boosting condom gets EU backing
LONDON (Reuters Life!) - A British medical company has had its erection-enhancing condom recommended for European approval.
Futura Medical said its CSD500 condom -- licensed to pharmaceutical firm Reckitt Benckiser for sale under its Durex brand has gel in its tip that dilates the arteries and increases blood flow to the penis, resulting in a firmer and bigger erection.
Futura said on Monday products usually took about a month to receive CE mark certification after recommendation. The mark would enable the condom to be sold in 29 European territories and a number of other non-European countries.
Futura said on its website that the CSD500 will be a condom used by healthy men to help maintain a firmer erection during intercourse whilst wearing a condom.
In a double blind clinical study comparing CSD500 against a standard condom co-sponsored by Futura, of those who expressed a preference, a significant proportion of both men and women reported improvements in the firmness of the man's erection during intercourse when using CSD500, compared against a standard condom, the company said.
Furthermore, of those who expressed a preference, a significant proportion of both men and women also felt that CSD500 increased the penis size and a significant proportion of women reported a longer lasting sexual experience.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |