RadioShack continue for two more years
LES HERBIERS, France
LES HERBIERS, France (Reuters) - RadioShack have extended their partnership with Johan Bruyneel's cycling team until the end of 2013, the Belgian team boss told Reuters on Thursday.
"We continue for two years with our current partners," Bruynneel said.
Carmakers Nissan also extended their partnership for the same length.
RadioShack's contract was supposed to stop at the end of the season, one year after seven-times Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong retired.
"It is proof that it goes beyond one single rider," said Bruyneel.
The RadioShack team was launched in 2010 after Bruyneel and Armstrong left team Astana.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Child abuse revelations divide "most shameful town in Britain"
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Russian forces strengthening positions in Ukraine - Kiev military