Missing soldier in Afghanistan is British - Defence Ministry
KABUL (Reuters) - The British Defence Ministry said on Monday a foreign soldier who has gone missing in southern Afghanistan is British and that an extensive manhunt had been launched.
"The Ministry of Defence can confirm that a British serviceman is missing in Afghanistan. An extensive operation to locate him is under way," the Defence Ministry said in a statement, adding the soldier had gone missing early on Monday and was based in central Helmand province.
The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) earlier reported one of its troops had gone missing but did not give the nationality of the soldier.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll