Missing soldier in Afghanistan is British - Defence Ministry
KABUL (Reuters) - The British Defence Ministry said on Monday a foreign soldier who has gone missing in southern Afghanistan is British and that an extensive manhunt had been launched.
"The Ministry of Defence can confirm that a British serviceman is missing in Afghanistan. An extensive operation to locate him is under way," the Defence Ministry said in a statement, adding the soldier had gone missing early on Monday and was based in central Helmand province.
The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) earlier reported one of its troops had gone missing but did not give the nationality of the soldier.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- U.S judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
- 21 Palestinians killed as Israel pounds Gaza on Wednesday |