Google chairman to testify at Senate hearing
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Google Inc Chairman Eric Schmidt will testify at a September hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee's Antitrust Subcommittee, Senator Mike Lee said on Friday.
"I look forward to discussing a number of important issues relating to Google and Internet search competition," Lee said.
Google is in the midst of an antitrust probe by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over complaints that its search results favor the company's other services, among other issues.
(Reporting by Jasmin Melvin; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route