Golf-McIlroy splits with long-term girlfriend
LONDON, July 18
LONDON, July 18 (Reuters) - U.S. Open champion Rory McIlroy's relationship with his girlfriend Holly Sweeney is over, the Northern Irishman's management team said on Monday.
"Rory McIlroy's long-term relationship with Holly Sweeney came to an amicable end before the British Open," an International Sports Management spokesman (ISM) said.
The 22-year-old McIlroy, who won the U.S. Open last month, finished down the field at the British Open on Sunday in a share of 25th place. The tournament was won by his ISM stablemate and fellow countryman Darren Clarke.
(Reporting by Tony Jimenez, editing by Ed Osmond. To comment on this story: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Taxis, planes and viruses: How deadly Ebola can spread
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- Experts recover human remains at Ukraine crash site despite new fighting
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Campaign for an independent Scotland stalls before historic vote