VW could consider F1 in 2018, boss says
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen could consider a move into Formula One in 2018, the German carmaker's head of motorsports was quoted as saying Thursday.
"I could imagine involvement in Formula One in 2018, when the company is at the forefront of the industry," Wolfgang Duerheimer told Germany's Auto Motor und Sport magazine.
"We have enough brands that could do that," he said, without being more specific.
Ulrich Hackenberg, head of technical development at Volkswagen, in March ruled out any interest in the brand joining Formula One.
However Volkswagen's stable of brands also includes multiple Le Mans 24 Hours winners Audi, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Seat and Skoda.
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan, editing by Alan Baldwin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |