VW could consider F1 in 2018, boss says
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen could consider a move into Formula One in 2018, the German carmaker's head of motorsports was quoted as saying Thursday.
"I could imagine involvement in Formula One in 2018, when the company is at the forefront of the industry," Wolfgang Duerheimer told Germany's Auto Motor und Sport magazine.
"We have enough brands that could do that," he said, without being more specific.
Ulrich Hackenberg, head of technical development at Volkswagen, in March ruled out any interest in the brand joining Formula One.
However Volkswagen's stable of brands also includes multiple Le Mans 24 Hours winners Audi, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Seat and Skoda.
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan, editing by Alan Baldwin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |