VW could consider F1 in 2018, boss says
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen could consider a move into Formula One in 2018, the German carmaker's head of motorsports was quoted as saying Thursday.
"I could imagine involvement in Formula One in 2018, when the company is at the forefront of the industry," Wolfgang Duerheimer told Germany's Auto Motor und Sport magazine.
"We have enough brands that could do that," he said, without being more specific.
Ulrich Hackenberg, head of technical development at Volkswagen, in March ruled out any interest in the brand joining Formula One.
However Volkswagen's stable of brands also includes multiple Le Mans 24 Hours winners Audi, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Seat and Skoda.
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan, editing by Alan Baldwin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Scots vote on independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll