VW could consider F1 in 2018, boss says
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen could consider a move into Formula One in 2018, the German carmaker's head of motorsports was quoted as saying Thursday.
"I could imagine involvement in Formula One in 2018, when the company is at the forefront of the industry," Wolfgang Duerheimer told Germany's Auto Motor und Sport magazine.
"We have enough brands that could do that," he said, without being more specific.
Ulrich Hackenberg, head of technical development at Volkswagen, in March ruled out any interest in the brand joining Formula One.
However Volkswagen's stable of brands also includes multiple Le Mans 24 Hours winners Audi, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Seat and Skoda.
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan, editing by Alan Baldwin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- UK launches hunt for man with British accent on beheading video |
- Insight - Ukraine rebel movement faces uncertain future
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |