Soccer-Leo Beenhakker appointed as Ujpest sporting director
BUDAPEST, July 29
BUDAPEST, July 29 (Reuters) - Former Real Madrid and Netherlands coach Leo Beenhakker was appointed sporting director of Hungarian first division club Ujpest on Friday.
Beenhakker, 68, has also coached the national teams of Poland, Trinidad & Tobago and Saudi Arabia on his travels, plus European clubs including Ajax Amsterdam and Feyenoord and Mexican sides Guadalajara and America.
"Ujpest has to get back to the place in European football which is worthy of its traditions," Beenhakker told reporters.
Ujpest, founded in 1885, have won the Hungarian championship 20 times but the last was in 1998. They finished sixth last season. (Reporting by Zoltan Fazekas; Editing by Brian Homewood; To query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |