Woman, 90, beats back burglars with cane
BERLIN (Reuters) - A feisty 90-year-old German woman chased away three would-be burglars from her rural farmhouse with her cane, police said on Monday.
The retired farmer was moving around her house with the help of a walking frame and spotted the intruders -- two men and one woman.
She grabbed her cane and started beating the burglars with it. The trio fled the house in a town outside Muenster.
"It was quite courageous of her," a police spokeswoman said. "But on the other hand it was also quite dangerous. She was quite fortunate that nothing serious happened."
(Reporting by Kalina Oroschakoff, editing by Mike Collett-White)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- High-profile British rail union leader Bob Crow dies
- Insight - Scotland's Salmond talks independence, but plays politics
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study