Fox sees no NATO intervention in Syria
LONDON (Reuters) - Defence Secretary Liam Fox said on Tuesday that events in Syria were "shocking and appalling" but said there were no plans for NATO intervention there.
Speaking at an arms fair in London, Fox was responding to a question from a reporter about whether NATO might seek to replicate its Libya mission in Syria.
(Reporting by Keith Weir)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |
- Ukraine says pro-Russia rebels pull back from Donetsk outskirts
- Bank of England eyes wage puzzle as it mulls when to raise rates
- MPs criticise UK arms sales to Russia as Cameron pledges no new exports