Senior U.S. official arrives in Tripoli - witnesses
TRIPOLI (Reuters) - A senior U.S. State Department official met Libya's new interim leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil in the capital Tripoli on Wednesday, witnesses said.
The visit by U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs Jeffrey Feltman was the first to Tripoli by an official of the Obama administration since the capital fell last month to forces opposed to longtime ruler Muammar Gaddafi.
It was not immediately clear when Feltman had arrived.
(Reporting by William Maclean)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Islamic State releases video it says shows British journalist John Cantlie
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading |