Senior U.S. official arrives in Tripoli - witnesses
TRIPOLI (Reuters) - A senior U.S. State Department official met Libya's new interim leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil in the capital Tripoli on Wednesday, witnesses said.
The visit by U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs Jeffrey Feltman was the first to Tripoli by an official of the Obama administration since the capital fell last month to forces opposed to longtime ruler Muammar Gaddafi.
It was not immediately clear when Feltman had arrived.
(Reporting by William Maclean)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |