U.S. existing home sales jump 7.7 pct in August
WASHINGTON, Sept 21
WASHINGTON, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Existing home sales rose more than expected in August to the fastest annual pace since March as falling prices and low interest rates drew more buyers into the market, the National Association of Realtors said.
Sales climbed 7.7 percent month over month to an annual rate of 5.03 million units, the NAR said on Wednesday. The median price was 5.1 percent lower than a year earlier.
Economists polled by Reuters had expected sales to rise 1.4 percent to a 4.71-million-unit pace. Compared to August 2010, sales were 18.6 percent higher.
The NAR's estimate for the pace of existing home sales during July was unchanged. (Reporting by Jason Lange; Editing by James Dalgleish) (email@example.com; Tel: +1 202 310 5487; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org))
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |
- Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Shelling of Gaza school kills at least 15; toll nears 800 |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |