Algeria FM says recognises Libya's NTC - Arabiya TV
Sept 22 (Reuters) - ALGIERS, Sept 22
Sept 22 (Reuters) - ALGIERS, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Algiers recognises Libya's interim rulers as the legitimate representative of the Libyan people, al Arabiya television quoted the Algerian foreign minister as saying on Thursday.
The report followed an Algerian foreign ministry statement which said it was ready to work closely with Libya's National Transitional Council (NTC). The move is aimed at ending the strained relations between the two neighbours since Muammar Gaddafi was forced from power.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine