Algeria FM says recognises Libya's NTC - Arabiya TV
Sept 22 (Reuters) - ALGIERS, Sept 22
Sept 22 (Reuters) - ALGIERS, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Algiers recognises Libya's interim rulers as the legitimate representative of the Libyan people, al Arabiya television quoted the Algerian foreign minister as saying on Thursday.
The report followed an Algerian foreign ministry statement which said it was ready to work closely with Libya's National Transitional Council (NTC). The move is aimed at ending the strained relations between the two neighbours since Muammar Gaddafi was forced from power.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane