Sterling hits all-time low vs yen
LONDON, Sept 22
LONDON, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Sterling hit an all-time low versus the yen on Thursday after concerns about a slowdown in the U.S. economy prompted investors to dump higher-risk currencies, including the pound, versus perceived safe havens.
The pound fell as low as 118.60 yen, according to electronic trading platform EBS. That level is the weakest on Reuters charts dating back to the 1980s.
Sterling fell across the board, hitting an 8 1/2-month low versus the dollar in earlier trade. (Reporting by London Forex Team)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results