Sterling hits all-time low vs yen
LONDON, Sept 22
LONDON, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Sterling hit an all-time low versus the yen on Thursday after concerns about a slowdown in the U.S. economy prompted investors to dump higher-risk currencies, including the pound, versus perceived safe havens.
The pound fell as low as 118.60 yen, according to electronic trading platform EBS. That level is the weakest on Reuters charts dating back to the 1980s.
Sterling fell across the board, hitting an 8 1/2-month low versus the dollar in earlier trade. (Reporting by London Forex Team)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses in Korean ferry reveal desperate attempts to escape |
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool
- Ukraine government says resumes offensive, hopes for more U.S. help |
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China