Sterling hits all-time low vs yen
LONDON, Sept 22
LONDON, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Sterling hit an all-time low versus the yen on Thursday after concerns about a slowdown in the U.S. economy prompted investors to dump higher-risk currencies, including the pound, versus perceived safe havens.
The pound fell as low as 118.60 yen, according to electronic trading platform EBS. That level is the weakest on Reuters charts dating back to the 1980s.
Sterling fell across the board, hitting an 8 1/2-month low versus the dollar in earlier trade. (Reporting by London Forex Team)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Analysis - Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine