Sterling hits all-time low vs yen
LONDON, Sept 22
LONDON, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Sterling hit an all-time low versus the yen on Thursday after concerns about a slowdown in the U.S. economy prompted investors to dump higher-risk currencies, including the pound, versus perceived safe havens.
The pound fell as low as 118.60 yen, according to electronic trading platform EBS. That level is the weakest on Reuters charts dating back to the 1980s.
Sterling fell across the board, hitting an 8 1/2-month low versus the dollar in earlier trade. (Reporting by London Forex Team)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Suicide attacks kill at least 17 in Iraq after mosque shooting |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky, Syria activist says