UPDATE 1-Molycorp buys rest of European rare earths plant
Oct 24 (Reuters) - Molycorp , the largest supplier of rare earths outside China, said it has bought the remaining shares of its Estonia-based processing facility Molycorp Silmet AS.
Molycorp had bought 90 percent of AS Silmet for about $89 million in April.
"We are enthusiastically exploring options for additional upgrades and production expansion at this facility," Molycorp CEO Mark Smith said in a statement.
Molycorp recently established neodymium metal production in AS Silmet, the company said in a statement.
Last week, Molycorp said it will open a California processing plant months ahead of schedule, easing the threat to Western manufacturers posed by Chinese export controls. [ID :nN1E79I1RB] (Reporting by Ankur Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yanukovich backs Ukraine compromise talks as tensions rise
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting - researcher
- U.S. exits GM stake in $10 billon loss for taxpayers |
- U.S. Korean War veteran released by North says made 'confession' under duress
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on media