Greek PM not intending to resign: aide
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou has not resigned and does not intend to, a Greek newspaper quoted his chief of staff on Thursday as saying.
"The prime minister has not resigned and does not intend to resign," chief of staff Regina Vartzeli told the website of Proto Thema newspaper.
Papandreou is facing a revolt from some lawmakers in his socialist party over his plan to call a referendum on a euro zone bailout for Greece.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Islamic State releases video it says shows British journalist John Cantlie
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading |