Greek PM not intending to resign: aide
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou has not resigned and does not intend to, a Greek newspaper quoted his chief of staff on Thursday as saying.
"The prime minister has not resigned and does not intend to resign," chief of staff Regina Vartzeli told the website of Proto Thema newspaper.
Papandreou is facing a revolt from some lawmakers in his socialist party over his plan to call a referendum on a euro zone bailout for Greece.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- Global Shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal