Greek PM not intending to resign: aide
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou has not resigned and does not intend to, a Greek newspaper quoted his chief of staff on Thursday as saying.
"The prime minister has not resigned and does not intend to resign," chief of staff Regina Vartzeli told the website of Proto Thema newspaper.
Papandreou is facing a revolt from some lawmakers in his socialist party over his plan to call a referendum on a euro zone bailout for Greece.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- More than 300 people missing after South Korean ferry sinks - coastguard
- Rivals show force in eastern Ukraine before talks |
- Samsung executive says Galaxy S5 to outsell S4, sees second quarter rollout for Tizen phone
- Tesco to step up price cuts as CEO defies pressure to quit |