CFTC broker data offers no clues on MF Global funds
Nov 10 (Reuters) - Were customers fleeing MF Global, the now-bankrupt futures broker, even before the extent of its European debt exposure was widely known?
Don't expect to find the answer in the latest Commodity Futures Trading Commission's financial reports.
The CFTC on Thursday published its monthly accounting of the financial status of 123 brokers as of Sept. 30. All data for MF Global was deleted.
Brokers are required to submit monthly reports to the regulator on the 17th business day after the end of the month - which in September would have fallen on Oct. 24.
MF Global filed for bankruptcy a week later, on Oct 31.
The CFTC did not immediately respond to a request for an explanation of the deletion.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Bank of England splits over rate hike for first time in three years
- Look, no hands! Test driving a Google car
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |