Imperial has small diesel release at Sarnia refinery
CALGARY, Alberta Nov 24 (Reuters) - Imperial Oil Ltd (IMO.TO) reported a small release of diesel fuel early on Thursday from a unit undergoing maintenance at its Sarnia, Ontario, refinery, requiring the closure of a nearby street.
The road has since been cleaned and reopened following the release of about one barrel of the product as a fine mist, the company said.
It is not believed there is any impact on production at the 121,000 barrel a day plant, Imperial spokesman Pius Rolheiser said.
The company said it had notified the Ontario Environment Ministry and is investigating the incident. (Reporting by Jeffrey Jones; editing by Rob Wilson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Aviva falls on Friends Life merger plan doubts |
- Aviva, Friends Life 5.6 billion pound merger plan makes sense - investors
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts