Tieto, clients hit by Swedish server problems
HELSINKI Nov 30 (Reuters) - Finnish IT services provider Tieto may have to pay "millions" in damages and could lose customers due to technical problems in Sweden, Dagens Industri newspaper reported on Wednesday.
Tieto spokeswoman Reeta Kaukiainen said the problems, caused by a hardware failure, were affecting about 50 customers, including pharmacy chain Apoteket and SBAB Bank.
"For example, the pharamacies of Apoteket are not able to handle the prescriptions electronically as usual," she said.
The company was trying to fix the services, she said, declining to give an estimate on costs or comment on whether customers would go elsewhere.
Tieto shares were down 2.9 percent at 0940 GMT. (Reporting By Jussi Rosendahl and Helena Soderpalm; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint |
- British financial watchdog to investigate Tesco accounting scandal
- Eyeing 2015 vote, Cameron pledges 7 billion pounds in tax cuts
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks- source |