Tieto, clients hit by Swedish server problems
HELSINKI Nov 30 (Reuters) - Finnish IT services provider Tieto may have to pay "millions" in damages and could lose customers due to technical problems in Sweden, Dagens Industri newspaper reported on Wednesday.
Tieto spokeswoman Reeta Kaukiainen said the problems, caused by a hardware failure, were affecting about 50 customers, including pharmacy chain Apoteket and SBAB Bank.
"For example, the pharamacies of Apoteket are not able to handle the prescriptions electronically as usual," she said.
The company was trying to fix the services, she said, declining to give an estimate on costs or comment on whether customers would go elsewhere.
Tieto shares were down 2.9 percent at 0940 GMT. (Reporting By Jussi Rosendahl and Helena Soderpalm; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route