Nancy removed from list of Euro 2016 venues
(Reuters) - Nancy has been removed from the list of 11 Euro 2016 host venues after no agreement could be reached between the city and companies bidding to renovate the Marcel Picot stadium.
"We have given up on Euro 2016 and the renovation of the Marcel Picot stadium," Nancy urban committee president Andre Rossinot told a news conference.
St Denis, Paris, Bordeaux, Marseille, Lyon, Lille, Nice, Lens, St Etienne and Toulouse are to host matches at the tournament, which will feature 24 teams for the first time.
(Writing by Julien Pretot, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UKIP on course to win second parliamentary seat - poll
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |