Nancy removed from list of Euro 2016 venues
(Reuters) - Nancy has been removed from the list of 11 Euro 2016 host venues after no agreement could be reached between the city and companies bidding to renovate the Marcel Picot stadium.
"We have given up on Euro 2016 and the renovation of the Marcel Picot stadium," Nancy urban committee president Andre Rossinot told a news conference.
St Denis, Paris, Bordeaux, Marseille, Lyon, Lille, Nice, Lens, St Etienne and Toulouse are to host matches at the tournament, which will feature 24 teams for the first time.
(Writing by Julien Pretot, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Aviva shares fall, Friends Life jumps seven percent on merger news |
- Aviva, Friends Life 5.6 billion pound merger plan makes sense - investors
- Telefonica in talks to sell O2 to BT - report
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties