Former Illinois Governor sentenced to 14 years
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich on Wednesday was sentenced to 14 years in federal prison for political corruption included trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat vacated by then president-elect Barack Obama.
Blagojevich, a flamboyant two-term Democrat who was ousted from office in 2009, was convicted of seeking jobs and campaign contributions in exchange for state government action.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- India approves $2.6 billion mounted gun purchase - official
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Gasquet to face Federer in Davis Cup singles