Former Illinois Governor sentenced to 14 years
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich on Wednesday was sentenced to 14 years in federal prison for political corruption included trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat vacated by then president-elect Barack Obama.
Blagojevich, a flamboyant two-term Democrat who was ousted from office in 2009, was convicted of seeking jobs and campaign contributions in exchange for state government action.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane