Former Illinois Governor sentenced to 14 years
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich on Wednesday was sentenced to 14 years in federal prison for political corruption included trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat vacated by then president-elect Barack Obama.
Blagojevich, a flamboyant two-term Democrat who was ousted from office in 2009, was convicted of seeking jobs and campaign contributions in exchange for state government action.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- Portugal scrambles jets again to intercept Russian bombers
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Australia Union wanted to rip up Beale contract - chairman
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |