UK's Hunterston B-8 nuclear plant resumes output
LONDON Dec 12 (Reuters) - EDF Energy, Britain's biggest nuclear power producer, reconnected its 460 megawatt Hunterston B-8 reactor to the grid on Saturday.
The plant came offline on December 8 due to a transmission system issue caused by extreme weather in Scotland, a spokesman said.
"We returned Hunterston B Unit 8 to service at 22.30hrs on Saturday," he said. (Reporting by Oleg Vukmanovic; Editing by Richard Borsuk)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Cameron says he's 'nervous' over Scottish independence vote
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says