UK's Hunterston B-8 nuclear plant resumes output
LONDON Dec 12 (Reuters) - EDF Energy, Britain's biggest nuclear power producer, reconnected its 460 megawatt Hunterston B-8 reactor to the grid on Saturday.
The plant came offline on December 8 due to a transmission system issue caused by extreme weather in Scotland, a spokesman said.
"We returned Hunterston B Unit 8 to service at 22.30hrs on Saturday," he said. (Reporting by Oleg Vukmanovic; Editing by Richard Borsuk)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Qatar will not host 2022 World Cup, says FIFA's Zwanziger
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel says its troops kill Hamas men accused of slaying teens |
- Tesco parachutes in new finance boss to fix accounting scandal
- AstraZeneca, Shire dive as U.S. tax move punctures deal hopes