UK's Hunterston B-8 nuclear plant resumes output
LONDON Dec 12 (Reuters) - EDF Energy, Britain's biggest nuclear power producer, reconnected its 460 megawatt Hunterston B-8 reactor to the grid on Saturday.
The plant came offline on December 8 due to a transmission system issue caused by extreme weather in Scotland, a spokesman said.
"We returned Hunterston B Unit 8 to service at 22.30hrs on Saturday," he said. (Reporting by Oleg Vukmanovic; Editing by Richard Borsuk)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- Exclusive - Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- El Salvador ex-rebel's lead 'irreversible,' rival wants recount
- UPDATE 5-Tennis-Indian Wells men's singles round 2 results