UK's Hunterston B-8 nuclear plant resumes output
LONDON Dec 12 (Reuters) - EDF Energy, Britain's biggest nuclear power producer, reconnected its 460 megawatt Hunterston B-8 reactor to the grid on Saturday.
The plant came offline on December 8 due to a transmission system issue caused by extreme weather in Scotland, a spokesman said.
"We returned Hunterston B Unit 8 to service at 22.30hrs on Saturday," he said. (Reporting by Oleg Vukmanovic; Editing by Richard Borsuk)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- American detained in North Korea gets job back with Ohio city
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps