Western journalist killed in Syria's Homs - group
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A Western journalist was killed on Wednesday and another wounded as they visited Syria's Homs city, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
Rami Abdulrahman of the British-based group said the journalists were near the Akrama neighbourhood of Homs. Activists in the city said the journalists were hit by grenades or rocket fire, he said.
(Reporting Mariam Karouny)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine says EU to be guarantor in any Russia gas deal
- Rebound in FTSE halted by drop in BT and commodity stocks
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Shell outpaces peers with profit growth, keeps spending
- Barclays sets aside 500 million pounds for FX fines as profits rise |