Western journalist killed in Syria's Homs - group
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A Western journalist was killed on Wednesday and another wounded as they visited Syria's Homs city, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
Rami Abdulrahman of the British-based group said the journalists were near the Akrama neighbourhood of Homs. Activists in the city said the journalists were hit by grenades or rocket fire, he said.
(Reporting Mariam Karouny)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |