Western journalist killed in Syria's Homs - group
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A Western journalist was killed on Wednesday and another wounded as they visited Syria's Homs city, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
Rami Abdulrahman of the British-based group said the journalists were near the Akrama neighbourhood of Homs. Activists in the city said the journalists were hit by grenades or rocket fire, he said.
(Reporting Mariam Karouny)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes - coastguard
- Separatists fly Russian flag over Ukrainian armoured vehicles |
- Battle over Scottish independence slightly tightens in new poll
- Unemployment plunges to five-year low, pay grows
- Tesco to step up price cuts as CEO defies pressure to quit |