UPDATE 1-United Tech profit up 10.5 percent
* Q4 EPS $1.47 v. year-ago $1.31
* Revenue up less than 1 pct
Jan 25 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer United Technologies Corp (UTX.N) posted a 10.5 percent rise in profit, helped by growth at its Otis elevator and Hamilton Sundstrand aircraft electronics units.
The world's biggest maker of elevators and air conditioners posted fourth-quarter net income attributable to common shareholders of $1.33 billion, or $1.47 per share, compared with $1.2 billion, or $1.31 per diluted share, a year earlier.
Revenue was up less than 1 percent.
Chief Executive Louis Chenevert has said the company, which also makes Sikorsky helicopters and Pratt & Whitney jet engines, may sell smaller pieces of its broad portfolio of businesses this year to help fund its biggest-ever acquisition, a $16.5 billion takeover of Goodrich Corp GR.N.
Shares of the Hartford, Connecticut-based company are down about 4 percent over the past year, while the blue-chip Dow Jones industrial average .DJI, of which it is a component, is up 7 percent.
((firstname.lastname@example.org)(+1 617 856 4342)(Reuters Messaging: email@example.com)) Keywords: UNITEDTECH/
(C) Reuters 2011 All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing, or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India gets its first transgender TV news anchor - newspaper
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance
- Pope's Albania visit prompts long-awaited facelift for Tirana square
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown |
- Sierra Leone Ebola burial team attacked despite lockdown