Frimpong back at Arsenal after bad knee injury
LONDON (Reuters) - Midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is returning to Arsenal after his loan spell with Wolverhampton Wanderers was cut short by a serious knee injury.
The 20-year-old ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during Saturday's 2-1 Premier League victory at Queens Park Rangers.
"Frimpong, who had been due to stay on loan at Molineux until the end of the season, will now see specialists in London over the next few days before having surgery and starting a programme of rehabilitation," Wolves said on their website (www.wolves.co.uk).
Former England youth international Frimpong, who will be out of action for the rest of the season, suffered the same injury to his left knee in 2010.
(Reporting by Martyn Herman, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Cameron says he's 'nervous' over Scottish independence vote
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- UPDATE 1-Cricket-One Day International England v India scoreboard